The Rego Guide
Although Rego was originally designed for places, it has recently expanded in functionality to support routes that you can create from GPX (GPS) files. Let’s see how to add a route.
Adding routes to Rego
To add a new route in Rego start by tapping the plus icon on the main screen [view]. The following screen is segmented into ?Place? and ?Track?, and here we?ll focus on the ?Track? segment.
There are two options for creating a new route from a GPX file:
- Choose a local file ? Tapping “Choose file…” will display a document-picker sheet [view], from where you can access any document sources configured on your device ? Dropbox, iCloud Drive, etc.
- Download a file from the internet ? If you the URL to a GPX file is on the device’s clipboard, then the “Add from a link icon” will enable with a green checkmark, and you can tap “Import file” to download the file.
When viewing individual tracks, you?ll find a variety of displayed information:
The route screen includes:
- A small map is displayed at the top, which, when tapped, will expand to provide navigation options (via the navigation icon in the lower left corner.)
- Below the map, you?ll find a swipeable list of any photos you?ve added. Tap any photo to expand it, and optionally add a caption.
- A list of any collections you?ve assigned the track to.
- The track?s start address. Note that Rego doesn?t store addresses; rather, it only stores geographic coordinates. So this address is just an approximation using Apple?s reverse address lookup service.
- The place?s coordinates. You can tap and hold to copy latitude, longitude or both.
- The track distance
- A ?Discover Nearby Places? link will take you to the online Rego Dashboard where you can discover and optionally import other interesting places that are nearby the viewed place.
Learn more about Rego, feature by feature:
We're here to help!
If you have a question, suggestion, feedback, idea or would just like to say "hello!" - we're just a click away and would love to hear from you..
To get in touch, open Rego on your iPhone and tap Settings, Contact & Support, Send Feedback.